Welcome to Spitzer Industries!
Spitzer Industries, Inc., is a leader in the custom fabrication of specialized equipment and systems, pressure vessels and other weldments. The company specializes in engineered products for onshore/offshore oil and gas transmission, processing and production, subsea oil and gas tiebacks, ASME code pressure vessels, and other segments of the energy services industry. The company employs more than 800 people across three custom fabrication facilities in Houston, Texas. Well positioned to capitalize on the resurgence of the U.S. energy infrastructure and the rapidly growing needs of its customers, Spitzer is operationalizing plans to dramatically grow over the next five years. The Spitzer Companies emphasize a team approach and expect every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
SUMMARY OF HSE MANAGER DUTIES
The HSE Manager will promote a safe environment by assisting with the preparation and implementation of core HSE programs, policies and initiatives.
The HSE Manager reports to the Site Operations Vice President and the Vice President of QHSE. The HSE Manager supervises HSE Advisors.
The position has the following general/minimum responsibilities:
- Coach and mentor employees to improve safety.
- Monitor implementation of the SII HSE Management System.
- Provide technical support as required.
- Participate in the Site Safety Steering Team.
- Oversee Worker Safety Teams and HSE Advisors.
- Review JSAs and perform quality checks.
- Encourage continuous improvement in safety.
- Conduct safety audits and assessments.
- Collect and share lessons learned and best practices.
- Lead or participate in incident investigations.
- Perform management safety walkthroughs and observations and intervention (O&I) cards.
- Participate in safety planning processes such as Hazard Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and Job Safety Analysis, and Toolbox Talks.
- Review of HAZID/HAZOPs and all other risk assessment activities.
- Attend and participate in project planning meetings.
- Assist with maintaining action item tracking and update action item close-out reports.
- Ensure that SII personnel meet the minimum HSE training requirements.
- Coordinate HSE representative pool.
- Ensure that subcontractors meet SII HSE expectations.
- During mobilization, participate in kickoff. Review load-out and transportation procedures, and review training of personnel prior to field operations.
- High school diploma and five years of related experience in HSE work for oil and gas fabrication industry; or equivalent combination of college education and experience.
- Knowledge of HSE procedures and regulations.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; maintain appropriate communications within area of responsibility and between divisions and departments.
- Proficient in applicable software applications including MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint software.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Working conditions are divided between an office environment and shop/yard environment, which involves some exposure to dust, high noise levels, industrial machinery and mobile equipment traffic, and varying weather conditions.
- Actively on shop floor majority of shift.
- Extended periods of standing and/or walking.
- Frequent sitting and operating a computer.
- Fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Some travel between different company locations and for vendor and/or client contact.