Welcome to Spitzer Industries!
As a recognized industry leader in designing and fabricating high-specification equipment for the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas industries, Spitzer emphasizes a team approach and demands the highest standards of personal and professional integrity from employees. All positions are based in Houston, Texas.
SUMMARY OF FACILITIES ENGINEER DUTIES
The Facilities Project Engineer is responsible for engineering support and design of oil and gas facilities and equipment. By relying on previous experience and good engineering practices the Facilities Project Engineer is expected to support the sales, design, construction and installation of modular oil and gas facilities and equipment. The candidate will be responsible for working with the customer to develop and sell modular facilities and equipment that will meet performance needs while being easy to operate. The candidate must also accommodate customers' increased focus on modular and easy-to-install systems.
- Uses a broad range of engineering capabilities to evaluate, develop, model and optimize ideas in support of shop requirements and customer needs. Evaluates mechanical, electromechanical and process systems and products by applying previous experience as well as principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer and materials.
- Performs engineering evaluations and technical feasibility related to new facility opportunities.
- Develops oil and gas facilities and components by studying customer requirements while considering manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Works to modularize facility equipment and piping to minimize the customer install timeline.
- Assures product quality by monitoring product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes.
- Performs engineering calculations in accordance with industry-accepted codes and practices to size oil and gas production and process equipment.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests from customer, sales and fabrication teams.
- Maintains document control and product database by collecting and organizing necessary information or drawings from all involved sources.
- Confers with estimating, project stakeholders, operations, management, vendors and various subject matter experts to elaborate a proposed project scope definition and ensure the validity of the design through its execution.
- Interfaces with customers, providing engineering support to the sales team.
- Interfaces with outside providers of engineering services to support the work effort as needed.
- Oversees installation of equipment when required by customer.
- Continually develops proficiency in software packages such as those used for design and process simulation.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- BS in Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in oil and gas industry-related engineering required; 5+ years preferred.
- Working knowledge of ASME, API, GPSA, NFPA and NEC guidelines and standards.
- Solid operations and/or design experience with a variety of forms of distillation, extraction, heat transfer, rotating equipment and line hydraulics.
- Specific working knowledge of natural gas compression, dehydration, stabilization and treating is preferred.
- Understanding of ASME Section VIII and its implications in design. Proficiency in Codeware Compress ASME code calculation software a plus.
- Understanding of good project management practices.
- Proficient with computer modeling software (BR&E Promax and AutoCAD Suite preferred).
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Field construction or project management experience preferred.
- Field troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills involving a very broad array of engineering disciplines and organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- High level of organization and understanding of document control.
- Some travel required.